[Public-List] questions about bronze fasteners

brian curry brian_curry at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 13:40:30 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Looking for some help here.  I am looking to do several projects with the wood on my boat and am wondering is anyone can give me answers to some questions:

1.  Without measuring, does anyone know offhand how many sizes and lengths of fasteners are used on our A 30s?

2. Are silicon bronze fasteners the same as bronze fasteners?

3.  Where is the best place to buy bronze fasteners?  I have been looking online at Jamestown Distributors (example box of 100 #8 x 1/2 is $8.70/box.)  I would like to buy basically what I would need, meaning various sizes, to use on the boat.

Finally if anyone has another idea INSTEAD of bronze fasteners, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian Curry
Tampa Fl
Makai 151