[Public-List] questions about bronze fasteners

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Mon May 9 18:58:04 PDT 2011

Brian,

I don't believe that Stainless holds up well in a salt water environment. As with Bronze there are many alloys of Stainless. Some are more salt water resistant than others. But if I had the choice between silicon bronze and stainless fasteners for the same application I would always choose silicone bronze.

Michael #133