[Public-List] Main sheave update

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Mon May 16 15:27:00 PDT 2011

Actually, if you are cheap & in a marina (probably mutually exclusive) with
other sailboats, you can pull the mast using the masts of the boats beside
you.  I have seen this done & it works pretty well, although it requires
some thought & care.  I have also seen it done from a bridge, although the
local law enforcement doesn't look too kindly on it.  Personally, I wouldn't
hesitate to try freeing it up with penetrating oil & such, but if that
doesn't work I would take it down.  Good luck either way.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229