[Public-List] Hull thicknes question

Peter Amos p.a.amos at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:03:44 PST 2011

Gord,one of the many projects I did on Tait Tait was to remove the toe rail all round the boat,drill out the pop rivets and replace them with s/s bolts and locknuts. I took the opportunity to openthe gap between the flanges of hull and deck mouldings and fill it with 5200. No leaks after that.I had to do it after a rough Gulf Stream crossing popped some of the rivets on the port bow and soaked the V berth. Another worthwhile project which can be done fairly easily and quickly is to mark an area around the stanchion bases, remove the stanchions and bases,cut out the top layer of marked deck and clean out the core.Fill the cleaned area with matt and resin.I reset the stanchions 1/2" inboard from from their original positions to reduce the amount of rubbish that accumulated there and made it easier to clean. I did one and when I found how easy it was I did the rest  3 at a time.Sorry to hijack this thread Pete ex Tait Tait #478