[Public-List] Hull thickness question

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Thu Nov 10 06:51:49 PST 2011

I once did a project where we created an object out of "Great Stuff" and needed to measure its volume using displaced water. I spray-painted it with two coats of rustoleum and checked it's weight throughout the project to see if it absorbed any water during its frequent full immersion - it did not.  This doesn't do you much good if you need to spray the stuff in tight spaces of course.