[Public-List] Shore Power location

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 23 12:24:30 PST 2011

Mike is right on this one.  I have adjusted quite a few compasses over the years and Whitby picked about the worst spot imaginable.  While the compass can be adjusted for use under sail, the deviation under power changes with engine RPM and electric load on the alternator.  His solution is the same I used on my A30, move the compass and use the bin for important things like sun screen, beer or coffee.  When you relocate the compass make sure it is away from other problem items like the VHF, microphone or speakers.

As to the location for the shore power inlet - It isn't too bad, just make sure you screw the cover on before you get under way.  The cover can really tear your leg up when you are in a hurry.

Jim Davis
Privateer Isa Lei
CT35

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
George S. Patton