[Public-List] Hull thickness question

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Nov 10 06:58:39 PST 2011

All that is why I tried spraying it into a plastic bag....  I would have
bought closed cell foam but I was in a bit of a rush getting the tank
installed for the '06 Misery Trip and used what I had available nearby.
Five years on I can say that the foam is still dry in it's plastic bag
envelope.  I can also say I wouldn't recommend this method because it took a
long time for the foam to cure in the bag... I worried a lot while I was
waiting.

Gord #426 SURPRISE

On 10/11/11 9:51 AM, "Meinhold, Michael J." <MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com>
wrote:

> I once did a project where we created an object out of "Great Stuff" and
> needed to measure its volume using displaced water. I spray-painted it with
> two coats of rustoleum and checked it's weight throughout the project to see
> if it absorbed any water during its frequent full immersion - it did not.
> This doesn't do you much good if you need to spray the stuff in tight spaces
> of course.

These businesses support your
> Association:
Please support