[Public-List] Bend in the hull

Stephen Gwyn gwyn at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue Oct 11 14:02:18 PDT 2011

Hi,

I've noticed that my hull has a slight concavity in the topsides,
just below the forward lower shrouds. I've put two pictures up
at:
http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/pers/sailing/bend/index1.html
(and yes the cove stripe needs repainting) I'm assuming it's due
to the forward lowers pulling up on the fibre glass knee.  I
think I can just barely see the same on the pictures recently
posted by George Mathis at:
http://alberg-boats.com/A30/439/09242011HomePort.jpg

Over 37 years, it's deflected by a 1/4 inch, so I'm only slightly
worried.

Should I worry more?
Has anybody else noticed the same thing?
Should I do anything about it?

SG

  Stephen Gwyn                 |  Tel: 1-250-363-3136
  Dept. of Physics & Astronomy |  Fax: 1-250-363-0045
  Univ. of Victoria            |  Cell: 1-250-885-6969
  PO Box 3055                  |  E-mail: gwyn at uvastro.phys.uvic.ca
  Victoria, BC  V8W 3P6        |  http://orca.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn