[Public-List] Question about instability caused by tank location.

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Sun Oct 23 19:44:38 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I have an inquiry about what other Alberg owners think about mounting tanks out board against the hull inside the cockpit lockers. I am planning to mount two 18 gallon tanks one in each of the cockpit lockers. I am interested to hear from owners who have saddle tanks mounted in the cockpit lockers. Has anyone noticed any boat instability or excessive rocking because of the extra weight of full tanks mounted so far outboard of the center-line? What gallon size tanks do you have mounted in the cockpit lockers? Originally I was hoping to mount the tanks closer to the center-line, but they would take up valuable storage space in the lockers. Does anyone have advice against mounting the tanks out board against the hull? I believe several of you have tanks mounted in this location and wanted to know if you have observed any problems. Thanks for your input.

Michael #133