[Public-List] Where to run wires from the mast into the boat

Jeffrey alberg30nh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 13:19:56 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

On my boat, the electrical wires from the mast run into the boat via a hole
that runs through the mast step, through the beam and into the cabin.  Not
exactly how I would have it, but it works, and since the hole is already
there I use it. Since I've added an anchor light and an anemometer the
extra wires have made for a tight fit through that hole.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same setup? If not, is there a
good solution to get the wires into the cabin top? On other boats I've seen
little bits of PVC to make a shielded opening but it does not look that
clean.

-Jeff Fongemie
#116 Seagrass

http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie