[Public-List] Early model running light question

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 15:01:16 PDT 2011

On my '67 boat, the colored lens is glass. It was held in place by pressure
and had a foamy rubber sort of gasket. As long as a PO didn't get creative,
the glass should just pop out.
On Checkmate, I deleted the bulb and fixture with LED. I soldered pigtails
directly to the 'bulb' contacts, then sealed in the whole mess (inside the
colored glass) with silicone. Works great-be aware LEDs are polarity
sensitive, though.

MichaelGrosh