[Public-List] Early model running light question

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Mon Oct 10 05:45:30 PDT 2011

Just a legal point about mast head tri lights.  While these may be legal
for sail boats when under power at night you are a power boat and
navigation lights (red/green) above the white running lights are not, so
deck/pulpit installed lights are still needed.  I am not sure if replacing
LED lights in place of regular bulbs meet coast guard regulations.

john Boor
MAHSEER #380