[Public-List] Fuel Tanks

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 05:00:22 PDT 2011

Someone asked (sorry I forgot who) why not replace the old tank behind the engine with a new one in the same location...

The only problem with that is that it is nearly (if not completely) impossible to secure the aft end of the tank. The original tanks were glassed in on the back side. You can access it from the lazarette, but it is more than an arms length away. The forward end of the tank is secured by a strap, but it also needs to be secured in the rear. Anyone done this job? I would be curious how you did it.

Mike Lehman