[Public-List] Muffler Design

James Allocco jamesallocco at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 09:16:21 PDT 2011

John et al,

I'm not sure if the original standpipe was brass or bronze but it developed
an internal leak that allowed water to enter the engine shortly after I
purchased the boat. At that time it was 15 years old and had only been
sailed in fresh water.  Navy point marina at Sackets Harbor, NY removed the
muffler and had one fabricated out of stainless.  The stainless muffler
lasted 12 years in fresh water and 10 years in brackish.

Jim