[Public-List] Where to run wires from the mast into the boat

James Allocco jamesallocco at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:15:07 PDT 2011

Jeff,

 What concerns me is water migrating sideways thru  the whole and rotting
the bean or the wooden fillers between the fiberglass.
That was the case in my boat when I bought her.  At that  time I was able
to make on a lathe a 3/4 in dia. tube with a low profile mushroom shaped
head.  This I epoxed in place. I wrap the wires in tape where they enter
the tube and the paint them with liquid electrical tape. They never leak
but more importantly water doesn't get into the balsa.

Jim Allocco