[Public-List] Mooring and Bollard Bitts

gregr at nethere.com gregr at nethere.com
Fri Sep 2 15:09:51 PDT 2011

I'm in the planning stages of redoing my fore deck and want to know if
anyone is using a mooring or bollard bitt. (And yes I'll admit I just like
the look.) The dual, low profile, cleats I have now are probably more
functional...

I'm adding a bow roller and horizontal windlass. The roller will be on the
starboard side of the stem fitting. I'm thinking that it might work to
mount the windlass slightly to starboard so it is inline. The mooring bitt
would be on center and between the two so the rode would pass it with maybe
1/2" of clearance.

Greg