[Public-List] Mooring and Bollard Bitts

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Sep 2 15:18:36 PDT 2011

Hi Greg

I'm planning to do the same sort of thing.   I mounted our windlass on a mahogany pad and cut it so the part aft of the windlass is extended to take a bollard.

I actually had the bollard, but forgot it on the foredeck where I'd placed it so I could admire it.

Sailing a few days later we heard something slide and topple.   A few days after that I was looking for the bollard on my workbench.    I couldn't find it.     Then I remembered the strange sound....

I haven't ordered myself a new one yet.

Gord Surprise 426