[Public-List] Mooring and Bollard Bitts

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 07:38:25 PDT 2011

Greg,

I use a mooring bit (or bollard bit ??) here in Maine and would not have it
any other way. We rarely tie up at docks and mooring pendants around here
can be huge! Not uncommon to see 1 1/2 mooring pendants. Would never work
with cleats.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_KkjaG-dJKyWHeuF7Wesdg?feat=directlink

Jeff Fongemie
#116 Seagrass

http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 6:09 PM, <gregr at nethere.com> wrote:

> I'm in the planning stages of redoing my fore deck and want to know if
> anyone is using a mooring or bollard bitt. (And yes I'll admit I just like
> the look.) The dual, low profile, cleats I have now are probably more
> functional...
>
> I'm adding a bow roller and horizontal windlass. The roller will be on the
> starboard side of the stem fitting. I'm thinking that it might work to
> mount the windlass slightly to starboard so it is inline. The mooring bitt
> would be on center and between the two so the rode would pass it with maybe
> 1/2" of clearance.
>
> Greg

Jeffrey Fongemie