[Public-List] Mooring and Bollard Bitts (Gordon Laco)

gregr at nethere.com gregr at nethere.com
Tue Sep 6 00:14:31 PDT 2011

Hi Gordon,

My plan was to put the bitt in front of the windlass but you have it planned
the other way around. I've seen both configurations when walking around my
marina but after some thought I'm sold on your arrangement. The bitt will
replace my cleats just in front of the forward bulkhead; should make for a
really strong mount. The dock lines will have a clean run to the chocks.
Are there any other advantages? Any reason you are going with a Bollard
Bitt and not a Mooring Bitt? (I'm going to guess chafe on the square
corners)

Greg