[Public-List] seaweed issues

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 07:33:27 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I just came back from a week on the boat and had lots of trouble with
seaweed fetching on the prop and killing motoring speed. I've noticed this
the last couple of years since I put on a Campbell Sailor three blade prop,
but it was especially bad this trip with all the junk in the water after
Irene.  Reversing the prop sometimes helps a little, but rarely gets all of
it.  My boat seems so much more prone to this than other boats from my
observation.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/botBsyVFuOPFFBQSC2_OhQ?feat=directlink

One theory I have is that since some of the prop is hidden behind the
deadwood, just a little seaweed kills performance.  When I snag seaweed I
can barely get 2 knots and the boat pulls hard to port.

Any other A30 owners have this prop? Seaweed issues?

Jeff Fongemie
#116 Seagrass

http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie