[Public-List] Foul Prop

Jay Davenport jay at saildriver.com
Sun Sep 18 11:00:50 PDT 2011

Chris,
I had the same problem last season. The prop had to be dived on to clean off the barnacles.
This year I have had no barnacles. George Dinwiddie had recommended coating the prop with cold galvanizing, which is sold in spray cans in hardware stores. It has a 93% zinc content. The price is about $6.00 !
Before spraying, I wiped the prop clean with acetone. Then I sanded it, very lightly. This was followed by several light coats of cold galvanizing.

Jay Davenport
Revolution, A30 #526