[Public-List] Albergers in the South of France?

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 04:08:36 PDT 2012

My cousin in Denmark had a Beneteau something...I sailed it...I am used to
the Alberg, so when the wind piped up a bit, I hardened up and cranked
in...the boat quickly went out of control and broached...everyone on board
was was screaming "we're all going to die". I could not figure out what just
happened, but then realized the rudder had come out of the water causing me
to lose steerage. My cousin informed me that he was told by the yacht broker
that you had to reef the main when the wind speed reached 6m/sec ??? (11.6
knots). WTF!