[Public-List] Twin down wind jibs

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Apr 8 08:51:27 PDT 2012

Roger's death was a tragic circumstance.  I always thought he'd been the
only fatality too - until I saw an episode of 'May Day', that very well done
documentary series about air incidents.  I was quite surprised to learn that
Rogers was one of 23 who died in the smoke that filled that plane, and that
the fire was electrical, and not as so often reported, caused by someone
smoking in the aircraft's head.

I guess the way the story was first told stuck.  Here's a site that gives
the details... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Canada_Flight_797