[Public-List] Boom End

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Dec 17 07:41:29 PST 2012

Thanks Randy.  I think I'll leave mine as-is too.

We also sail with the topping lift attached but slack.  We've rigged ours to
be an emergency main halyard (although it's only 1/4" rope).  We've had to
use it as such once during a race - we got the main down, snapped on the
topping lift and hauled it up again quickly enough that some of our
competitors didn't notice...  Perfect.

Was just at the marina inspecting her new paint job - that's pretty good
too, and I'm certain her improved looks will make her much faster upwind.

Gord