[Public-List] Anchor experience for Greg

Randy Katz randy.katz50 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 10:24:18 PST 2012

Greetings,

     I've used a Delta 22# for several years in the Pacific NW with nearly
100% success. I use 30' chain (heavy like 5/16 is good; a bit longer chain
wouldn't hurt) and 1/2" nylon rode (heavier line might be reassuring, but
I've anchored with confidence with the 1/2").
     One time at Nanaimo BC in a moderate/strong southerly the Delta
anchor dragged. That's when having the heavy Danforth type alternate anchor
came in handy. After several tries with the Delta I switched out for the
Danforth and voila-- bite!
      Delta's great, but it's always wise to have a second different type
of hook, just in case.

Regards,
Randy Katz
Bellingham/Seattle, WA