[Public-List] working jib size

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 16:21:05 PST 2012

Anybody have an idea of what the ideal working jyb measurements might be for the A-30 with roller furling?

I have an older jyb that came with Dolce that I never use, but today just dusted it off and measured at (luff 24' , foot 13'). This seems a bit long in the foot for a working jyb, but maybe it was designed as a 110% laper under the old cca rules. North sails quoted a working jyb at 36' luff X 10' foot, which is about a 100% of the foretrangle area. my old jyb is actually about 24 Sq ft smaller than North's proposed jyb. I am going to put it on tghe boat and do a little sea trial in the few days, but am wondering in advance how the sailing characteristics may differ between the two different sail configurations and how it might affect the boat.

Thanks for any info you all might be able to offer.

Glenn P