[Public-List] Hull Painting

Joe Traub jtraub at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 29 19:25:03 PST 2012

Then I hit the send button by mistake!  Last year, I painted the topsides of Zipalong with one coat of primer and one coat of paint. (2 part again).  Big difference, and not the finish I was looking for.   So, in the next few weeks, I will sand the paint and apply another coat of paint.  I always thin the paint per the instructions on the can.  The paint will flow easier at the start and tends to self level better.  I sometimes do add thinner after about 30 min. or if the paint becomes thick.  Temperature plays a big part of the application.  Two coats of primer are well worth the effort, along with two coats of paint.  If you would like to discuss in more detail, contact me off the list.  Good luck

Joe, Zipalong, #33