[Public-List] Pointing

Lawrence Morris morris.lc at verizon.net
Sun Jan 29 07:05:09 PST 2012

Check the rig settings

I would check the headstay length. It sounds like it may be to short. How is the balance on the boat?

If you contact  Read Beigel he can give you the specific dimensions and methods for tuning the rig.

You mention the draft is at 35%, how deep is the draft. This maybe an issue also.  If your head sail has a deep draft. Then I would try to adjust to move the draft back to the 45 % range to try to flatten the entry.

Also, the number one performance item is:  Clean Bottom!  CLEAN BOTTOM!!!!!!  Scrub the bottom before every race and you will a huge performance difference. Guaranteed!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Larry Morris