[Public-List] Pointing

Randy Katz randy.katz50 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 19:08:36 PST 2012

Greetings, Fellow Sailors,

     I ALSO have had this problem much of the time and been mystified and
aggravated by it. I have similar sails as Larry and a clean bottom. Sails
are actually both new from North, measured on the boat by them. I'd be
amazed if the forestay were the wrong length, but it's possible-- it was
replaced before I bought the boat.
   And-- is it possible that I could be sailing faster and pointing better
on one tack than another? How?

   My knowledge is at an intermediate level, I'd say, so there are no doubt
many possible subtleties I've been overlooking. I'm looking fwd to hearing
some thoughts on this topic!

Thanks,
Randy Katz
#249 Bellingham/Seattle