[Public-List] hair shirts Thanks for the reference source

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Jul 1 04:39:00 PDT 2012

I have friends who have for many years sailed a large heavy, long and narrow
classic racing yacht one hundred years old;  the boat has never had an
engine.

They rely on tows to get back to the club on windless evenings, and to catch
tows they rely on the female half of the couple cheerfully waving while
hanging off the forestay.  When she was telling me this story she commented
that she was unsure how much longer she'd be an effective lure.  As she was
telling me this one spring while engaged in spring fitting out, she was
standing before me wearing the top half of an orange bikini, old torn blue
jeans, goggles pushed up on her forehead and a dust mask pushed down under
her chin.  In her dusty hands she held an electric sander.  Now, I ask you,
what better way to clad a true female sailing beauty?  I gulped and said "oh
I'm certain you won't need an engine for quite some time yet".

Now you sailors in Lake Ontario, go ahead and guess which yacht I'm talking
about - write to me off line.

Gord #426 Surprise
(getting ready to do the last day of the Mystic WoodenBoat Magazine show -
then full speed ahead for home...)