[Public-List] Rudder post leak

Greg Bover gregbover at cbfisk.com
Mon Jul 16 05:56:09 PDT 2012

While on a three week trip to Maine, (which was the awesome culmination of a
thirty-five year dream), Linnet developed a leak at the top of the rudder
post. Only a little flow into the cockpit, and only under power. Now that we
are home, using the great syntax that Chris Martin posted I have looked back
in the archives and found that this is probably nothing to worry too much
about. Linnet, #114, has the tube that goes all the way to the cockpit sole,
so no water seems to be getting into the bilge.

It was a different story when we were a hundred and fifty miles from home
and 10 miles offshore and the problem first showed up.
Anyhow, I am wondering if anything can be done about this with the boat in
the water. I thought I remembered someone posting a cut-away view of the
pre-liner boats' rudderstock assembly, but I don't find it.

Greg Bover
Frances Fitch
Linnet A-30 #114
Gloucester