[Public-List] Rudder Shoes. Am I missing something?

Greg Bover gregbover at cbfisk.com
Tue Jul 17 14:07:27 PDT 2012

I am starting to think I am missing something about rudder shoes. Having
only owned #114 for three years maybe longer term owners can enlighten me as
to why I would want a spare one, as so many of you have signed up for. Last
winter I found that there was some wear in the pivot hole, so I bored it out
and put in an oil-filled sintered bronze bushing, about a $5 item at MSC.
Now there's no slop. When that wears out I figure I can do it again. I also
replaced the hex and flat head machine screws that hold it on.

What else goes wrong with rudder shoes?

Greg Bover
Frances Fitch
Linnet A-30 #114