[Public-List] Saloon hatch base (James Almond)

Roger rgw126 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 21:31:29 PDT 2012

To  James Almond

"#329 has a Goiot size 30 hatch over the saloon with a substantial teak base
that I want to remove so that I can inspect and re-bed."

I think I'd try a heat gun on the joints of the part with screws inside.
If it is epoxy you might then gently pry the lower built-up parts away.
I think that the casing on top and around the hole are built together
probably. You'll probably find that they are caulked very tightly to the
deck and maybe around the cutout edge. Pray that the last guy didn't use
5200 or the like. If so, prepare to chisel! (And rebuild)