[Public-List] testing my mast head light

Robert Kirk isobar at verizon.net
Mon Jun 4 11:13:38 PDT 2012

Jeff... Finding intermittents is always a tough problem. Naturally, the
problem must be at a connection, wire or the luminaire (word forced on us
by those darn Canadians) itself.  Likely an insulation problem  or an open
at a bad connection.  The only decent way to identify an insulation problem
is with a megger. Also use a continutiy tester; Alligator clips on a
battery is fine, but a little cumbersome. But as long as you have the mast
down, it's probably quicker to run new wires and remake the connections.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181