[Public-List] Going to all rope halyard

Glennb brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 21:54:58 PDT 2012

i just switched to amsteel line for my lifelines.  its a test.  only negative comment I heard was that the fibers degrade in  sunlight faster than traditional wire.   Guy in the store said the line was much stronger, and many people are  switching over for halyards and in some cases all rigging to save weight aloft, but maybe I would have to replace them in three years or so because of sun degradation.  also, if you don't like the small size, use bigger diameter line.    if a short life span, then definitely more costly than wire.  Just a thought.

Glenn
dolce318

Sent from my iPad