[Public-List] going solo

Jeffrey Randall jcrandall1956 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 07:47:22 PDT 2012

Thanks to all,

I have a spinnaker sock, but will try that another day.  I especially liked
the idea of "approach the dock as if you have NO reverse"  I will
incorporate that every sail.  I have both an auto tiller and a wind vane
(still something of a mystery as it was rigged incorrectly and I am working
to get it right.) so those will serve me in my endeavors.

I have often sailed as the only sailor on the boat, and the passengers were
noncompetant so maybe I have solo'd already.  Still for docking they were
instructed and performed the bow duties that I will have to consider.

This is the year of the solo.  Thanks for the advice.  Plan and execute
with extra time and a solo backup plan.

Jeff