[Public-List] re-cut a sail?

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 03:49:08 PDT 2012

Gordon,

Having a proper shaped main is really affects the performance of the boat.
With a big belly in the sail, it not only does not help your performance but
can actually hinder it. You end up with more sideways heel than moving
forward. The main on the Alberg is so large with the 14' boom that it has a
significant impact on forward movement. You may want to take it to a sail
maker that you trust for advice, but I would consider having a new one
made...it is like buying a new engine for the boat.