[Public-List] Cockpit core thickness in early boats?

Jeffrey alberg30nh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 04:32:18 PDT 2012

The cockpit floor of #116 is soft and needs a new core. Anyone know the
thickness of the core? In the liner boats, I've read 3/8 or 1/2.

Also, has anyone done this in a pre-liner boat? I've read the core consists
of the bottom fiberglass, masonite, a heavy layer of fiberglass, another
layer of masonite, then the top fiberglass skin. Sound right?

For those who have done this, did you use one layer of core material, or
two layers as in the original construction??

-jeff

Jeff Fongemie
#116 Seagrass

http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie