[Public-List] inner staysl shown on original Whitby Brochure??

David Terrell dterrell1 at charter.net
Thu Mar 8 10:45:08 PST 2012

Glenn

I was just on the sailrite.com site. They have sail plans for many boats
including ours. I see the attachment points above the spreaders and just
aft of the stem head - I see about what you see - two feet and four
feet. My read is that they show a # 1, 2, and 3 Genoa on the forestay
and a staysail  on the inner forestay. Their storm sail dimensions fit
with what I see on the forestay. I am up on this a bit because I am
going doing the same thing after a lot of hesitating.

I copied this from their site. I think  it may be helpful

David, 432

Data courtesy of:   sailrite
I	J	P	E	I2/P2	J2/E2
36.00ft (10973mm)	10.75ft (3277mm)	31.00ft (9449mm)	14.25ft (4343mm)

CONSTRUCTION AND BACKGROUND DETAILS
Length:	30ft (9144mm)
Source of Data:	Class Rules
Builder/Designer:	Carl Alberg
URL:	http://www.alberg30.org/
Production Status:	Out Of Production

SAIL DIMENSION TABLES (the more popular sails only)

ALBERG 30 MAINSAIL	Price This Sail
Luff	31ft (9448mm)
Foot	14.25ft (4343mm)
Leech-AftHdBd	33.36ft (10168mm)
Tack Ang	87.29*
Diag (clew/head)	33.5ft (10210mm)
Head (inches)	4.5in (114mm)
Area (no Roach)	226.44*ft2 (21037mm2)
Comments	midgirth 8'6"

ALBERG 30 GENOA	Price This Sail
Luff	34ft (10363mm)
Foot	19ft (5791mm)
Leech	33.5ft (10210mm)
Perc LP	168.28*
Length Perp	18.09*ft (5513mm)
Deck Angle	1.16*
Area	307.55*ft2 (28572mm2)
Comments	No 1 genoa

ALBERG 30 JIBSAIL	Price This Sail
Luff	30ft (9143mm)
Foot	10.25ft (3124mm)
Leech	25.75ft (7848mm)
Perc LP	79.26*
Length Perp	8.52*ft (2596mm)
Deck Angle	17.16*
Area	127.78*ft2 (11871mm2)
Comments	working jib 7.25oz maximum cloth weight

ALBERG 30 GENOA	Price This Sail
Luff	33ft (10058mm)
Foot	15.75ft (4800mm)
Leech	31.5ft (9601mm)