[Public-List] Yamar 2cyl 15hp

Bob Norway examiner at cfl.rr.com
Wed Mar 14 14:22:10 PDT 2012

I installed a Beta 16 in Oct 2009 and it is perfect for the boat, IMHO. I
ordered it direct from the distributor in NC (the engines are Kubotas,
marinized in the UK), although I could have ordered it through a local
marina that deals with them. However I was going to do the installation
myself and could get it dropped shipped direct to the marina where my boat
is, so that is what I did.

Cost at that time totaled $8210.00 US, which included the ABVW Waterproof
Control Panel, High Rise Exhaust Elbow, flexible coupler and freight
charges. This also included the transmission, a Twin-disc/Technodrive TMC
40. Base price for the engine was $8021.00 while the Beta 20 was $8537.00.

I also replaced my shaft and packing box as well as having the new coupler
fit and faced and the prop cleaned. That ran about another $300.00.

Talking with the folks at Beta Marine in NC convinced me the 16hp was the
way to go. Stan is the guy to talk to and you can contact him at:
252-249-2473 or check them out online at www.betamarinenc.com

Cheers,
Bongo Bob Norway
_________________