[Public-List] Painting the prop?

Don Lang potatosailor at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 20:55:23 PDT 2012

I use Pettit "Zinc Coat Barnacle Barrier" and have been very pleased with it.
The paint film is 93 percent zinc, smooth and hard, stuff doesn't like to grow on it and what does cleans off easily. Comes in a rattle can and requires no primer, very easy to apply.

Cheers, Don
alberg30.blogspot.com

Just wondering how you treat your prop as far as antifouling paint goes?  My prop gets barnacles on it fairly quickly no matter what I try, even though the rest of my boat stays pretty clean (well, except the bottom of the keel.  I can't keep bottom paint on there either).  Do you guys use epoxy then bottom paint?  straight paint?

Thanks.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229