[Public-List] Petcock threads in manifold, this might work for you...

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Sat May 19 13:27:00 PDT 2012

To: Ronald Walker<rwpsw at sbcglobal.net>*
*
Ron,

One of my favorite tools for my 1966 Atomic-4 is a pipe nipple remover.
4-5 years ago I bought a set at Lowe's or Home Depot for about $10 to
get the 1/4" size, but as my kids would say, it was SOOO worth it.

If you have a broken off piece of threaded material in the manifold, try
saturating it with some kind of penetrating oil or even WD-40, then use
the tool to try to back it out the hole. This has worked several times
for me, and beats all the other things one might try to restore a
stripped thread in an iron or steel casting, if this is appropriate for
you. I would be not suggest heating the part up in the boat though, due
the proximity of the fuel system, probably best to remove it if you want
to try that.

Link to finest-kind Harbor Freight version of this tool
http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-pipe-nipple-extractor-set-93822.html?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=googlebase&hft_adv=40010&mr:trackingCode=97740F9E-782A-E011-B31E-001B2163195C&mr:referralID=NA

--Dan Stermglass
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY
**

dans at stmktg.com
mobile: +1607-592-8012

Strategic Marketing Associates