[Public-List] Manifold petcock Atomic 4

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Sun May 20 15:58:52 PDT 2012

Ron,

If you have access to a bench grinder you can easily shorten a regular tap to make your own bottoming tap.  Begin with the regular tap to begin the work. Then grind off a bit and file the end to remove burrs and place in threaded hole and run in. Keep repeating until you have a true bottoming tap to run in at last. Use thread cutting oil and turn in only a quarter turn before backing out and then in slowly again. I wouldn't use j-b Weld. What if you want to replace the petcock in the future? How about Boat-Life caulk? I have used this in low pressure situations and it worked well to seal the leak ............... and can be more easily removed for future service.

My two cents worth.

Michael #133