[Public-List] Standing rigging tension figures

Glennb brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Wed May 23 21:46:03 PDT 2012

Hello all stations,

So what is the optimum design load for rig tension?  I just looked at the rig table and was struck at the wide variability in tension, 200 to 1200 pounds ( I assume PSI, but don't really know as the table had no definition of the numbers that I noticed).  I am sure not going to stretch the rig to resemble a rubber band, but there must be some recommended load ( for cruising the ocean blue)

Thanks' mates!
Glenn P
Dolce  of Everett, 318

Sent from my iPad