[Public-List] Morehead City 11/6/2012

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 6 08:23:23 PST 2012

Hunkered down again.  This hasn't been the most pleasant trip weather wise,
but we will be moving again shortly.  Right now we are at the Morehead City
Yacht Basin.  The trip from Dowry Creek was generally easy until we entered
the Neuse River.  The winds were coming in from Pamlico Sound and a pretty
good sea builds up.  Isa Lei was trying to surf so we had to slow down for
better control.  We had planned to go into Oriental Harbor for the night but
with the winds we opted for Cedar Creek at the beginning of the Adams Creek
Canal.  It is a bit tight for a six foot draft but the mud provides good
holding.  When I picked up the Danforth it had what seemed to be 20 pounds
of mud on it.

Right now the friends we have been traveling with are a bit spread out and
we are all hunkering down in different places.  As soon as this Nor'easter
blows through we will be moving again.

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/AM/158.html

Jim Davis
Privateer Isa Lei

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay the price.

Sun Tzu