[Public-List] Chain Plates

Clayton Zimmerman cb_zimmerman at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 10 07:27:20 PST 2012

Work on Tanager #349 is progressing really well. Hoping to gain some knowledge on chainplates. I've seen a few Tritons with chainplates moved to the hull but not any Albergs. Has anyone done this? Why or why not? My new chain plates are a fair bit larger and in order to fit, I'd have to lengthen the knees and widen the deck cutout. Not difficult, but if moving to the hull is stronger, why not? The plan is to go offshore cruising for an extended period.
Thanks all,ClaytonTanager #349www.optimisticwanderings.tumblr.com