[Public-List] Georgetown, SC 11/12/2012

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 12 17:58:34 PST 2012

Since the weather changed while we were at Moorhead we have been moving with
some long days.  We first went to Mile Hammock Bay where one can anchor in a
sheltered spot, but since it is in a Marin Corps base, not go ashore.  For
me at least it was nice to hear military training with helicopters and
artillery.  From there it was on to Wrightsville Beach where we stayed the
night.  Leaving Wrightsville we continued down the waterway to the Cape Fear
River and then back into the ditch past Southport, NC to a nice marina at
St. James Plantation, one of the many "resort communities" with three golf
courses.  We refueled and left the next morning to continue past Myrtle
Beach and into the Waccamaw for the night.  This anchorage is completely
remote, not even TV, but pleasant.  It was the first time in several weeks
that we haven't used the fireplace.  Today's run was pretty much the same -
just continue on.  Georgetown is a nice place with lots of history and a
good downtown.  Unfortunately the anchorage is full of derelicts making
dropping the hook almost impossible.  Tomorrow we will be in another remote
creek, just above Charlestown.  The next day we hope to cross Charlestown
harbor and drop the hook on the other side of the city.

As you might have guessed we are in the "delivery mode" and will play
tourist on our way back to the Bay.

So far we are doing well and all systems are working.

Jim Davis
Privateer Isa Lei

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay the price.

Sun Tzu