[Public-List] Spreader Base Update

Bob Norway examiner at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 27 18:13:55 PST 2012

Due to the fact that I couldn’t find the exact grip size needed for rivets,
and the fact that the ones I ordered (with estimated grip length) are
backordered, I decided to go with thru-bolting. Ended up that I needed 5”
bolts for the aft side and 4 ½” for the forward side. Was able to drill out
the old rivets and install the bolts, thoroughly coated in Tef-Gel, with
very little problem. Now to re-tension the rig and start sailing again!!!
Anybody need any Blind Rivets, 1/4x 0.625 In,  I’ve got a hundred of
‘em
.LOL.

Cheers,
Bongo Bob Norway