[Public-List] Port and starboard navigation lights

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Nov 26 10:41:18 PST 2012

Hello Stephen -

We found the same thing when we replaced our lights.  We reckoned the cause
was decades of sanding.

I saw something similar in the teak decks of a client's yacht.  The owner
had asked that when the teak deck replacement portion of his refit job was
done if the attractive little 'pedestals' all the hardware were bolted
through could be replicated.  The yard explained that when the deck was new,
it was flush.  The hardware appeared to be on raised hillocks because of
many many years of deck sanding around the them.

Gord
#426 Surprise