[Public-List] Muffler A4 and Masthead

randall weatherspoon rlwspoon at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 10 09:12:14 PDT 2012

I have read a few threads about the cast mastheads - I am currently
designing a machined masthead for the old tear drop mast section, I am
presently on hold with the project but would be glad to share work so far as
calcs if someone would like to check calcs etc. I am working with a shop
here in St Petersburg and have the base insert machined in plastic to test.
I need to finish the upper part on ACAD and will be off once I get the
money. Just moved so I will have to find the right box with note  but have
the ACAD files here on the computer.  Anyone interested?

Also I have removed my A4 to refurb and ready to go back in-the exhaust
"muffler" has leaks and I want to replace with SS pipe - the question is
whether straight pipe will do and do I need something as a water stop or
trap as it were to keep water making it to the engine. Any ideas or
experience.